How I crave the approval of man, the recognition of my spirituality, the significance of measured, noticed results. How I love to be spoken highly of!
But how to live in a way that I long to see Him spoken highly of? That I care about His fame more than my own, that I am content to work in small, dim places if it means the light of His pleasure and smile?
" It seems to me its about living each moment doing the smallest of things not caring that no one takes much notice of them. When you live in Christ, you live it for Him. He's the all we really need" Katherine at evlogiaonline.com
This also means to me to not be ashamed of my weakness, crisis', neediness. These are simply revealing to me and the world the true state of my soul and it drives me straight to Him. That His power is made perfect in weakness. There is a little Psalm I have been pondering the last few weeks.I keep going back to it and turning it over in my mind, feeling that there is something very important in this for me to grasp.
" O Lord, my heart is not lifted up; my eyes are not raised too high; I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me. But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me" Psalm 103
Peace comes when I see myself for who I really am. When I quietly accept and surrender to the work He has given me, when I quiet my soul and rest against Him, allowing Him to work out the details and produce results. So I give thanks for these small places.
I love you Hannah! Thanks for your thoughts!
ReplyDelete